Woodbridge Town Council is working with the Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner to seek Local Policing Volunteers in Woodbridge.
What’s it all about?
The Local Policing Volunteer (LPV) scheme is for members of the local community who would like to offer support to Suffolk Police by being a highly visible and accessible point of contact. Whilst out and about in the Town, we would like you to report any suspicious activity, anti-social behaviour, damage or any community safety issues to the Police
At no point will you be required to get directly involved - leave that to the Police
We would like you to be the “eyes and ears” of the Town and pass on information by telephone or email to the Police.
Your information may be the final piece of the jigsaw in a criminal investigation
- To report suspicious incidents or damage directly to the Police, whilst out in the town, undertaking the LPV role
- You will be provided with a high visibility tabard to wear, which will ensure others within the Town are aware you are a Local Policing Volunteer
- Adhere to and promote the Force policy and standards on Diversity and Health and Safety
- You are required to be over 18 and willing to complete Suffolk Constabulary Vetting
- If you have received an adult caution or conviction, it may not be possible for you to become a Police Volunteer
To request an application form telephone 01473 613589 or email email@example.com
To download a flyer click here.