Accessibility Statement for Woodbridge Town Council
This is an accessibility statement from Woodbridge Town Council.
Measures to support accessibility
Woodbridge Town Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Woodbridge Town Council:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Woodbridge Town Council is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Woodbridge Town Council. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Woodbridge Town Council:
- Phone: 01394 383599
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address: Shire Hall, Market Hill, Woodbridge, SuffolkIP12 4LP
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Accessibility of Woodbridge Town Council relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Woodbridge Town Council , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Woodbridge Town Council:
- Not all uploaded images may have text alternatives. We are aware of this and will correct this in the next few months.
- The background and foreground colour for one of our brand colous (#e8546b) does not have a sufficient contrast ratio at some font sizes; while it passes AA and AAA standards for bold and larger text sizes, it fails for text under 24pt size. We are evaluating replacement colours.
- Some of our PDFs and Word documents may not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2.
Woodbridge Town Council assessed the accessibility of Woodbridge Town Council by the following approaches:
- Evaluation of our web developers.
This statement was created on 7 August 2023.