Local Councils are required by law to publish their policies online. Within this policy section you can find out information on a broad range of matters including complaints procedures, data protection policies, internal governance and appointment matters and statutory functions.
Policies are regularly reviewed and amended by the Council's Standing Orders Working Party, and policies will be added to this page (from May 2022), as and when they are confirmed by Full Council.
View our Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- TCP 2 - Lone Worker Policy 2022
- TCP 3 - Sickness Absence Policy 2022
- TCP 4 - Training and Development Policy 2022
- TCP 5 - Complaints Procedure 2022
- TCP 6 - Whistleblowing Policy 2022
- TCP 7 - Freedom of Information Act 2022
- TCP 8 - Data Protection Policy 2022
- TCP 9 - Privacy Notice 2022
- TCP 10 - Electronic Retention Data Protection 2022
- TCP 13 - Grievance Policy 2022
- TCP 16 - Performance Improvement Policy 2022
- TCP 27 - Internal Control Statement 2022-2023
- TCP 30 - Press and Media Policy 2022
- TCP 36 - Terms of Reference 2022
Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014
Filming, Videoing, Photography and Audio Recording at Council Meetings
The Council supports the principles of openness and transparency; it allows filming, recording and taking photographs at its meetings that are open to the public. It also allows the use of social networking websites (such as Twitter and Facebook) and blogging to communicate with people about what is happening, as it happens.
View the relevant documents in full by clicking on any of the below links:
- Policy in Full
- Protocol for the Reporting at Meetings of the Council and Committees
- Officer Decisions Under Regulations of 2014 (For the period up to 07.11.14)
- Officer Decisions Under Regulations of 2014 (For the period up to 06.03.15)
- Officer Decisions Under Regulations of 2014 (For the period up to 16.05.16)
Freedom of Information Act
On 12th November 2002, Woodbridge Town Council adopted the Model Publication Scheme for Local Councils (Core Classes only). This Model Scheme has been approved with effect from 13th June 2017 to 12th June 2022.
The following documents will be made available to members of the Public (upon payment of a small fee), who apply in writing to the Town Clerk.
- Agenda and supporting papers for Council, committee and committee meetings (for the past 2 years)
- Terms of Reference for Committees
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- Staffing structure
- Planning documents
- Loan sanction approvals
- Fees & charges applied by the Council
- Safety inspection records for playgrounds
Read our 'Freedom of Information Act Disclosure Log' from 3 January 2012.
Woodbridge Town Council is committed to making its website accessible in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
View the Accessibility Statement for our webhost, Suffolk Cloud.